There are many ways to volunteer at J.O. Wilson and to help our Cardinals soar. Here are some ways to get involved.
J.O. Wilson PTA
The PTA has many ways to get involved and help support the school. You can be part of a committee, help out with an event or help write a grant proposal. Even 30 minutes of your time can be a huge help! Fill out a Membership Form to let us know what you are interested in.
Fall Events will include Movie Nights and the Fall Festival.
Our teachers do a LOT and our room parents can help them be successful. Each classroom has room parents that help support the teacher with everything from:
- Organizing class parties, usually around a specific topic or theme.
- Organizing teacher gifts at holidays and birthdays.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers for classroom support, school events, and field trips.
- Getting communication out to parents
- Coordinating the collection of classroom supplies needed
Contact your child's teacher to get involved and help out!
Field Trip Chaperones
Our scholars get out and explore as much as possible and to make those trips happened, chaperones are needed to keep all of the kids safe and supervised! Please consider volunteering to serve as a chaperone on one of the upcoming trips. In order to serve as a chaperone, you MUST have cleared the DCPS Volunteer Process. This process can take up to 3 weeks to complete, so please do so as soon you can so you don't miss out on all of the fun!