At J.O. Wilson, we rely on our village to help our scholars SOAR. Join us!
Donate to the Cardinal Fund
The PTA's Cardinal Fund raises money for teacher grants, enrichment programs for students and special events that bring our school community together. All donations are tax-deductible.
Join the PTA
Membership in the J.O. Wilson PTA is free and open to any parent, grandparent, or legal guardian of a J.O. Wilson student and to all J.O. Wilson employees. General Body meetings take place on the 2nd Tuesday of every month at 6:00 p.m. Currently, we are alternating between in-person and virtual meetings.
There are many ways to get involved with the PTA:
- Fill out a membership form
- Attend PTA meetings and events
- Join a PTA committee
- Volunteer at an event
- Join the PTA groups.io online listserv to connect with other community members
- Email the PTA Board at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow the PTA on X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, and Facebook (@jowpta)
Visit the PTA page to learn more.
Our teachers do a LOT and our room parents can help them be successful. Each classroom has room parents that help support the teacher with everything from:
- Organizing class parties, usually around a specific topic or theme.
- Organizing teacher gifts at holidays and birthdays.
- Recruiting and coordinating volunteers for classroom support, school events, and field trips.
- Getting communication out to parents
- Coordinating the collection of classroom supplies needed
Contact your child's teacher to get involved and help out!
Field Trip Chaperones
Our scholars get out and explore as much as possible and to make those trips happened, chaperones are needed to keep all of the kids safe and supervised! Please consider volunteering to serve as a chaperone on one of the upcoming trips. In order to serve as a chaperone, you MUST have cleared the DCPS Volunteer Process. This process can take up to 3 weeks to complete, so please do so as soon you can so you don't miss out on all of the fun!