NEWS AND EVENTS
Are you interested in learning more about our school? J.O. Wilson will be hosting open houses in the coming months, with the first one scheduled for Wednesday, January 12th at 6pm on Zoom.
- Meet Principal Brunson, as well as other Administrators and teachers
- Learn about the incredible programming offered at J.O. Wilson
- Get answers to your questions about J.O. Wilson
During this year's Giving Drive, please give time to the J.O. Wilson PTA:
Hey there, everyone!
My name is Kerinna Good, and I’m the FoodCorps AmeriCorps Service Member with Kid Power at J.O. Wilson Elementary School for the entire school year and into the summer. FoodCorps connects kids to healthy food in school so they can lead healthier lives and reach their full potential. Engagement-focused instruction about food and gardening is what I do!
FoodCorps AmeriCorps Service Members:
- Co-teach hands-on lessons about food and nutrition, including cooking and gardening lessons, which can incorporate science and math.
- Build and tend school gardens and work on garden or wellness committees.
- Steer kids toward the healthiest options in the cafeteria, through taste tests and demos in the cafeteria.
I will be at J.O. Wilson most weekdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. You might see me outside in the garden, in Room 321B, in a classroom, in the cafeteria, or after school. FoodCorps provides me with lessons that align with Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards, and I can teach lessons to your class that align with what your students are learning! My work is dependent on your interests.
Please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org to get in touch about any ideas you have for collaboration. Stop by room 321B to say hello, but if I’m not in the building, please reach out over email! I look forward to working with you and your students this year.